"Shift+I" assigned action received inside running program only as "I"

PRKid

"Shift+I" assigned action received inside running program only as "I"

Post by PRKid »

Hello!

First of all, thank you very much for pulling MidiKey2Key together, this is an amazingly incredible tool that I know I will be putting it to use. I was going crazy with several Midi interfaces and AHKHotKey options which never provided what I was looking for, until, I ran into your YouTube video while searching for the last several days to come up with a better alternative then what I had found previously. Glad I ran into your SW.

I have several Midi Controllers and decided to first test the simple AKAI LPD8, to then go to some of the more complex controllers. I am using the LPD8 to run sevarl actions of the SIM racing program Assetto Corsa Competizione as a test and follow up with other of my racing games. All the assigned key combinations worked except for the "Shift+I" which I can actually trigger successfully within game using my Keyboard. The "Shift+I" is assigned via 9124xx with event NoteOn C3 Velo=73. I tested both checking (on/off) the "Wait for NoteOff" box yet same result. I proceeded to check the game interface to try to set the midi directly to the assigned keys by in-game action and it only produced an "I". Yet, again, when I use the keyboard to assign it, it does recognize the "Shit+I" key combination.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts on this matter all ideas are welcomed and I'll keep debugging. Thank you!

p.s. I tried uploading a *.jpg file of the editing screen shot, yet, the forum's system did not allow such with message "against policy".
==
Der Abt
Site Admin

Re: "Shift+I" assigned action received inside running program only as "I"

Post by Der Abt »

Hi PRKid,

I think after Your 2nd validated post I believe You should be able to post pictures.
I had a lot of spam-bots here...

I am a AC simracer as well!
I built me a custom button-box as a 128 button joystick interface...
(a small 16 or 32 Button Joystick is easy to to...)

Now to Your Problem:
Try to use other function with Shift + a "normal" key. Do they work?

Regarding Your question about StartRemote on YouTube I will write a personal message.

Regards
Sven
Greetz
Der Abt

Creator of MidiKey2Key
https://midikey2key.de
PRKid

Post by PRKid »

Thanks!

(1) So, here is my 2nd post... :)

(2) I will try your suggestion of using Shift + a "normal" key. Mine was "Shit+I", basically the letter "I" key.

(3) I was able to fix the port issue on StartRemote, both of your suggestions worked. Thank you!
PRKid

Post by PRKid »

Quick update.... Good news! Though I never got the "SHIFT+I" to work or if I edited such outside of the blue entry zone, I finally tried a couple of other key combinations and was able to get the "CNTRL+F" to work effectively.

One item I was not able to perform was to test sending a Midi NoteOn back to the LPD8 in order to keep the LEds on during certain sequence. I checked what the LPD8 program would show, then what Pocket Midi was receiving as well as the MidiKey2Key program. The 2 program interpreted something different than that shown by the LPD8 (as shown on attached screen captures), thus, I proceed to send back to Midi both Note #'s (1 at a time actually), yet, neither NoteOn back worked. Any thought would be appreciated. Thank you!

Regards
LPD8_PocketMidi_MidiKey2Key.JPG
LPD8_PocketMidi_MidiKey2Key.JPG (162.99 KiB) Viewed 7864 times