Inconsistent note mapping?

fritterandwaste

Inconsistent note mapping?

Post by fritterandwaste »

Hi

I am trying to get MIDIKey2Key working with VLC Media Player uin Windows 10 so that I can control it with my feet. Initially, however, I have started off by using a Yamaha (standard piano style) keyboard and have mapped certain piano keys to shortcut keys supported by the app. I am finding the behaviour somewhat erratic. Some of this will be down to my own lack of familiarity with MIDIKey2Key and part down to behaviour of the VLC player. In particular, problems tend to arise when the playlist pane I am primarily trying to control loses focus.

However, I have come across some behaviour that I am unable to resolve. I have mapped keys as follows:

Note E3 Volume up VLC shortcut : CTRL-UP
NoteB3 Volume down VLC shortcut : CTRL-DOWN
Note E4 Previous track VLC shortcut : UP
Note B4 Next track VLC shortcut : DOWN

This works some of the time but, during experimentation, I suddenly found that, although the intended volume note keys were working as planned, the track note keys suddenly started affecting the volume (up and down) instead of moving from track to track. The MidiKey2Key monitor is showing that the correct notes are being received. I cannot create circumstances using the computer keyboard within the VLC app to replicate these symptoms.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.
Der Abt
Site Admin

Re: Inconsistent note mapping?

Post by Der Abt »

I am not sure, uf the cursor-keys are triggered correctly h and will be received on Your app.
If you are able to test: Change the hitkey from UP a letter key. Just to see, if it is better.
Greetz
Der Abt

Creator of MidiKey2Key
https://midikey2key.de