Problem with PC Keyboard action and start program action

drk1

Problem with PC Keyboard action and start program action

Post by drk1 »

Hi
I'm new to this forum and have just installed Midikey2 key to check it is what i'm looking for.
I use Ableton Live for backing tracks and want it to trigger actions such as scrolling lyrics in an app I use called SongbookPro.
SongbookPro actions can only be triggered by keyboard key strokes hence trying out MidiKey2Key.
My problem is
I can get a midi ''note on'' to trigger a keystroke which advances lyrics in SongbookPro.
I can also get a midi "'note on'' to start your app ''Bring To Front'' which gives SongbookPro the focus,
However I thought that it was possible to have the 2 actions combined and activated with the same midi note,
I have tried setting this up and all that happens is that SongbookPro is brought to the front but does not scroll.
The midi is coming into MidiKey2Key from a clip in Ableton Live so I have a work around by sending 2 different midi notes in quick succession.
I think this is a bit of a clumsy way of doing it.
Am I wrong in thinking that the 2 actions can be combined?
I do think MidiKey2Key seems to be a very useful program

Any help would be useful
thanks in advance

Phil
Der Abt
Site Admin

Re: Problem with PC Keyboard action and start program action

Post by Der Abt »

Yes, You can execute 2 or more actions of different kinds on one MIDI Event. Or even define 2 separated actions on the same MIDI Event.
The lroblem could be, that these actions will be executed almost arvthe same time.
Another way could be, to start generally a windows shell Script of 2 lines with cmd.exe /c myscript.bat
Where You 1st start bring2front and then the the key-trigger program.with a key. So the 2 commands will be executed one after the other.
Greetz
Der Abt

Creator of MidiKey2Key
https://midikey2key.de