input not recognized in one game but it is in others?

Guessed

input not recognized in one game but it is in others?

Post by Guessed »

Greetings! I am attempting to use your program to control the in-game music system in Lord of the Rings Online with my midi keyboard. For some reason the game does not recognize the input correctly. If I open a text editor I get the correct input and if I open another game (Star Wars: the Old Republic) I also get the correct input. Is there some setting I might be missing or is more likely a problem with the game engine? I've tried full screen, full screen windowed, etc. settings with no luck. Really not sure what else to try.
Guessed

Re: input not recognized in one game but it is in others?

Post by Guessed »

Just read in the faq that it is likely a problem with the game or game engine. Seems so odd since it should just be sending the key press. Oh well.
hoohm

Post by hoohm »

Hello folks! Thanks for the amazing program :)

Ihave the same issue. Trying to make it run on guitar hero world tour from my drum set.

Works on notepad but not in the game.
Der Abt
Site Admin

Post by Der Abt »

That is in the FAQ.
There are many methods of emulating a windows keypress. Let's say, there are 2 or 3 that are more common.
Midikey2Key so far covers one of these Methods. This works on the most windows program and on many games.
Unfortunately not on all games/programs.

Midikey2Key will get an addional sendkey-strategy in the upcoming versions, but You have to be patient.
Greetz
Der Abt

Creator of MidiKey2Key
https://midikey2key.de