Configuring with Hercules DJ Controller

W2PH

Configuring with Hercules DJ Controller

Post by W2PH »

I am using a hercules dj controller as my midi source. There are two large knobs that appear to be encoders.
When turning clockwise I get
B0307F CNTL ContinuousControllerNo16 Val=127

when turning Counter clockwise I get
B0307F CNTL ContinuousControllerNo16 Val=1

It appears the software thinks its a fader as opposed to an encoder If I set up as two separate simple switches, they fight each other. If I set it up as a "controller" the software will not let me define one of the directions as I cannot enter a keyboard character for the second direction.

Any idea what is going on?
Thankks,
Ed
dbump

Re: Configuring with Hercules DJ Controller

Post by dbump »

Those values look very similar to the rotary encoder output from my Behringer X-Touch Mini. When you check "Controller Action" you don't see a second field appear? Can you post a screenshot?
W2PH

Post by W2PH »

I see a second field appear, but it won't let me enter a keyboard command in the 2nd field. In my case <shift>+<alt>+D SNap attached
Ed
Attachments
HerculesDJ.JPG
HerculesDJ.JPG (66.57 KiB) Viewed 8369 times
dbump

Post by dbump »

I'm seeing some odd behavior on mine trying to enter Alt-Shift-D too. You might just manually edit the white field to make it look the same as the other, but swap D in for U? I've had luck with that, and Der Abt designed it that way so you could manually type in certain values that get intercepted by the OS.
Der Abt
Site Admin

Post by Der Abt »

The solution for this simple Problem is just playing around with Your possibilities i this dialog. Or watch the tutorial videos.

To reduce the number of elements in this dialog I just let You use the blue box for incremens when the Controller Action CheckBox is unchecked and use it for the decrements when Controller Action is checked. So we do not need two blue boxes or any other additional control element.

The function was made for "normal" controler fader pots, which have a beginning and an end from 0-127. Not for endless encoders ,which I do not own.

But it could work. When just sending 0 or 127 there is always a increment or a decrement.

Please check this out and tell me if it works!

The upcoming pro-version willl have extensive dialogues/a logic editor to specify those events more precisely.

Due to many questions regarding the new MS Flightsimulator I am thinking about to release a MK2K Flightsim-edition first which can handle all kinds of parameters of the sim specially with rotary encoders of Midi-devices like Yours.
Greetz
Der Abt

Creator of MidiKey2Key
https://midikey2key.de